W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement)
Questions about your W-2, amended W-2, or requesting a duplicate W-2? See below...
A W-2 form is a wage and tax statement used to report wages paid and the taxes withheld from those wages for a given calendar year (box by box description). A copy of this form is given to the employee, the IRS and the state taxing authority (if applicable) each January for the prior calendar (tax) year.
Distribution of W-2 Forms
Electronic versions of the W-2 are automatically created every year and accessable via MyPack Portal. If you do not wish to receive a paper W-2 you must provide your consent by following these steps:
- Log into MyPack Portal using your Unity ID and password. Then click on the “For Faculty & Staff” tab at the top of the page.
- Click on “Payroll & Compensation” in the “Employee Self Service” section.
- Select “W-2/W-2c Consent”
- Check the box to indicate your consent to receive electronic W-2 and W-2c forms and follow the instructions to submit.
You will receive an email in January when your W-2 is ready to be viewed online.
- To view and/or print your W-2 form online, log into the MyPack Portal and click on the “For Faculty & Staff” tab at the top of the page. In the “Employee Self Service” section select “Payroll & Compensation”. You can then click on “View W-2/W-2c Form.
Be sure your Internet browser’s Pop-up blocker is disabled before attempting to print your W-2. If it is not disabled, the W-2 will not open.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: These documents contain your social security number, a vital key to identity theft. Employees are advised to NOT leave their computer screen unattended when viewing and be sure to retrieve the printed copy promptly if routed to a network printer shared by others.
Form W-2c (an amended W-2) will also be available to view/print online if one is needed to denote changes to your earnings or taxes. If such a form is necessary, an email notification will be sent when the form is available for viewing.
Requesting a Duplicate W-2
Current employees are able to access their W-2 form online starting with the 2008 form and can print a copy at any time. If a current employee requires a duplicate W-2 that was issued prior to 2008 or if a previous employee, who no longer has access to Employee Self Services, requires a copy of a W-2 form they must complete a Duplicate W-2 request form and submit it to University Payroll.
Please note: For security purposes, we cannot fax or email W-2’s. They can be picked up in the University Payroll Office with proper identification or they can be mailed via US Mail.