Skip to main content

Payroll and Employment Tax

We ensure NC State employees are paid correctly and on time — and help them navigate their tax obligations.

If you receive a paycheck or other compensation from NC State University — or are responsible for payroll within a department or unit — we’re here to help. Our office makes sure everyone at NC State is paid correctly, on time, and in accordance with university regulations and state and federal law.

For faculty, staff or student employees, we offer resources for managing your paycheck, deductions and tax withholding. For departments and units, we provide extensive guidance on how to administer payroll at a public university.

If you are a foreign national receiving compensation from NC State, your situation is more complex. To help you find out what taxes you may owe in the United States, you must schedule a tax assessment with our office. To schedule your tax assessment, please be sure to contact International Compensation and Taxation at to make your appointment.

Payroll Self-Service

Most individuals on the NC State payroll can use MyPack Portal to review their compensation and perform basic tasks related to payroll and employment tax.

The following guides cover some of the most common self-service actions:

Contact Us

We’re available to answer questions you may have about your paycheck, deductions, withholding or other items related to payroll and compensation at NC State.

Phone: 919-515-4350
Fax: 919-515-4320
Address: 1220 Varsity Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695