Skip to main content

Just Received a Social Security Card

ALL Foreign Nationals working and being paid through NC State Payroll are required to provide a Social Security Card to University Payroll, International Compensation and Taxation (ICT).  This will always be the case for ALL foreign nationals, both students and non-students who are employed at NC State, no exceptions.

Foreign National students and non-students that just received their Social Security Card for employment purposes may have been contacted by International Compensation and Taxation for the Social Security Card as well as other documents.  However, since the Social Security Card may not have been received at that time, the visitor with the new card will need to contact as soon as possible letting them know a card was received for instructions.  They cannot update it themselves in any scenario.  An employee MUST NOT send their card as an attachment to an email.  ICT will provide a secure link for uploading with their instructions.